I’ve been using a ZIP lock bag or multiple ZIP lock bags for years now to hold all my spares or emergency repair kit… That’s until I got my hands on the new POCPAC bag, best part it’s even branded Specialized.
At last a little bag durable enough to just hold the essentials, something that will outlast a ZIP lock by years. Now they actually offer the tool bag in a size bigger that the on I opted for, but my requirement is to keep things simple so I chose the mobile phone bag (101x182mm).
I must add.. What I do is tape a tube to my bike, I have 2x bombs in a bomb holder fitted at my bottle cage and also have the samurai puncture plugs fitted in my handle bar. I also like keeping my multitool separate for quick access. So I don’t have everything in one place yes… but everything does have their place.
Just some sharing on what I actually have in my little magic bag.
- Eye drops and a extra contact lens… Yip I’m blind without my lenses.
- Presta converter and valve tool .. just cause they take up no space.
- Tyre levers
- Bomb adaptor… I’m very specific here (Topeak Micro Air Booster or NOTHING!!!)
- Blade to cut those plugs
- Extra derailer hanger wheel… shockingly used this more than once.
- Plugs and more plugs
- Derailer hanger.. make sure you get one that fits your bike.
- Patch and sand paper… for when the spare tube goes.
- Mushroom plug for those big sidewall cuts… works a miracle this thing.
- Sticky rubber for that sidewall that the mushroom plug simply can’t save
- And then chain links to fix that broken chain (only 2x but I do recommend more… used more than once)
My multitool shown below has seen better days… but it works for me and I love it. Keep it oiled and it will last you a lifetime. This is an all in one crank brothers tool.